We help you improve the impact of your policy, advocacy & communications.
Recent Article from our blog
Services we offer
Understanding what interests and motivates people is key to effective advocacy.
Trio can advise you on who you need to talk to and help you find out what they really think about your issue. We then use that information to design and deliver effective campaigns. We are experienced at advocating on a wide range of issues in Westminster, Brussels and beyond.
Some examples of our work:
- Working with Self Help Africa to push African agriculture up the political agenda
- Building new advocacy relationships for the Small Foundation
- Researching emerging powers' views on post-2015 for Save the Children UK
- Planning campaigns for Banking on Change
- Influencing the World Bank's Enabling the Business of Agriculture project
We can also help you improve the overall effectiveness of your political communications and campaigns by assessing their impact and working with you to make improvements through research, training and other forms of support.
- Our audit work for Amnesty International UK
- Helping Farm Africa measure and raise its profile with government partners
- Campaign design and delivery
- Political analysis and intelligence gathering
- Public affairs support and audits
- Advocacy training
Our ability to work in-depth on policy issues makes us different to many other public affairs agencies.
We can quickly conduct thorough research and formulate policy positions either as a stand-alone project, or to support a broader campaign. We have a strong background in a range of policy issues including international development, foreign affairs, social and economic policy, housing, renewable energy, community development and education. Our experience in the private, public and voluntary sectors gives us a rounded understanding of competing perspectives and agendas. Our work has included:
- Researching, writing and launching the Commission for Africa report
- Developing proposals for the implementation of the SDGs in the UK for BOND
- Improving DFID’s governance programmes
- Researching sustainable intensification for Agriculture for Impact
- Sector analysis and intelligence gathering
- Policy research and development
- Policy communication
Trio can help you understand how and when your audiences like to receive and consume information, and help you respond to those needs. Some examples of our work:
- Our communications work with the Commission for Africa
- Developing a communications strategy and tools for the Transparency and Accountability Initiative
- Helping a DFID department improve its internal communications tools.
We can work with you on:
- Communications strategy and delivery
- Communications audits
- Media relations
Our clients included: Influencing the World Bank’s Enabling the Business of Agriculture project, Save the Children UK, Agriculture for Impact & Business Fights Poverty – smallholder farmer impact working group
Trio has decades of experience working for and with a range of public, private and voluntary sector clients, including government departments, major charities and private companies.
We understand what works and what doesn’t. As a small team we are agile enough to work quickly and efficiently for all our clients, pulling in expertise from a number of advocacy, policy and communications experts to respond to your individual requirements.
Claire Hickson is managing director of Trio Policy Ltd and has over 15 years' experience of working in policy, advocacy and communications.